Columbus Junior Aluminium Concertina Loft Ladder
The Columbus Junior is the deluxe independent concertina loft ladder that is perfect for fitting into your existing hatch. With a variety of standard sizes and a wide range of heights served, the heavy duty aluminium Junior is a flexible and reliable access solution.
- Manufactured from die-cast aluminium.
- Uses a counterbalanced spring operation to effortlessly control the ladder’s ascent and descent.
- Four model sizes available which suit floor to mounting heights up to 3.39m - see Technical Data section.
- Suits existing loft hatch openings from 600mm (W) x 620mm (L) - dependent on model choice.
- The Junior does not come with a Trapdoor (as main image).
- Unit is ready to fit straight into your existing opening or directly to a masonry.
- Comes supplied with a Timber backboard measuring 580mm (W) x 200mm (H), ready to be fixed onto joist material just above the trapdoor hinges.
- Includes Non Slip ladder feet (durable plastic) for extra security.
- For Touch Down Point & Operating Space dimensions please refer to the "Junior Spec Sheet" - Downloads section.
- Optional Telescopic Handrails are available (will require a minimum 800mm opening length to be fitted).
- Optional Metal Loft Exit Grab Rails measure 900mm high & 600mm wide (available in black or white) - see Product Images.
- Optional Top Operation Facility - the ability to manoeuver the ladder from your loft / attic. Please refer to "Top Operation Instructions" - Downloads section.
- To reach higher floor levels or for gaining access to Roof Hatches - we can also supply Vertically Mounted Treads & Safety Grab Rails - refer to documentation in the Downloads section.
- Tested to EN 14975 (European Ladder Standard) with a 200kg per tread resilience.
- Complete with Operating Pole & Full Installation Instructions.
Spring Hardware Kit
We can also provide a Spring Hardware Kit for your existing Trapdoor.
This kit is fitted to allow a controlled opening and closing of your Trapdoor (see Product Images), the minimum opening size requirement needs to be 675mm (length) x 670mm (width) - Please refer to "Spring Hardware Kit Details" (Downloads section).
|Junior Concertina Loft Ladder - Information|
|Floor to Lower |
|No. of Treads||Minimum Opening Size (L) x (W)||Ladder Tread Width||Ladder Tread Depth|
|Up to 2500mm||9||620mm x 600mm||350mm||140mm|
|Up to 2790mm||10||670mm x 600mm||350mm||140mm|
|Up to 3090mm||11||750mm x 600mm||350mm||140mm|
|Up to 3390mm||12||830mm x 550mm||300mm||140mm|
- A minimum opening length of 800mm is required when fixing a Telescopic Handrail to the Junior.
- Alternative tread widths are available on request.
Free UK Mainland Delivery *
Within 1-3 working days, once the product has been despatched. Deliveries are usually made between 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday (excludes Bank Holidays).
Orders placed before 11:00am will be despatched the same day (stock dependent) for delivery the next working day.
When placing your order please provide a contact telephone number as this is a requirment of the specialist carrier we use.
Please read our full terms and conditions regarding the delivery procedure.
* There will be an additional transport charge for making deliveries to the following post codes situated in the Highlands & Islands, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland -
|Post Code List|
|IV1, IV2, IV3, IV4, IV6, IV7, IV8, IV9, IV10, IV11, IV12, IV13, IV14, IV15, IV16, IV17, IV18, IV19, IV20, IV21, IV22, IV23, IV24, IV25, IV26, IV27, IV28, IV36, IV40, IV41, IV42, IV43, IV44, IV45, IV46, IV47, IV48, IV49, IV51, IV52, IV53, IV54, IV55, IV56, IV63|
|ZE1, ZE2, ZE3|
|TR21, TR22, TR23, TR24, TR25|
|PH19, PH20, PH21, PH22, PH23, PH24, PH25, PH26, PH30, PH31, PH32, PH33, PH34, PH35, PH36, PH37, PH38, PH39, PH40, PH41, PH42, PH43, PH44, PH49, PH50|
|PA20, PA36, PA38, PA39, PA40, PA41, PA42, PA43, PA44, PA45, PA46, PA47, PA48, PA49, PA50, PA60, PA61, PA62, PA63, PA64, PA65, PA66, PA67, PA68, PA69, PA70, PA71, PA72, PA73, PA74, PA75, PA76, PA77, PA78|
|KW1, KW2, KW3, KW5, KW6, KW7, KW8, KW9, KW10, KW11, KW12, KW13, KW14|
|HS1, HS2, HS3, HS4, HS5, HS6, HS7, HS8, HS9|
|PO30, PO31, PO32, PO33, PO34, PO35, PO36, PO37, PO38, PO39, PO40, PO41|
|GY, JY, IM, BT|
You will not be able to place an order online if you require delivery to a post code (featured above).
Instead you will need to contact our Sales office on 01243 785 246 for the additional transport charge associated with delivering the product to your address.
A member of our Sales team will be able to take your order over the telephone and payment can be made via Debit or Credit card.
Once a product has been despatched the standard delivery timescale for Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands will be 3-5 working days.
For European or most Worldwide delivery destinations please email our Sales Office - firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry detailing the product you are interested in, together with your full delivery address and contact information.
We can then return a Quotation for the product and delivery costs once this has been sourced from the transport company.