Columbus Electric Aluminium Concertina Loft Ladder
The only thing that could really improve the robust, German made ‘Exclusive’ loft ladder is the ability to operate it from the push of a button. This heavy duty concertina ladder and hatch is fully automated and lowers and closes in near silent operation.
- Loft Ladder manufactured from die-cast aluminium.
- Supplied as a complete unit with a heavy duty concertina loft ladder, timber casing frame (hatchbox) and a timber trapdoor.
- Electrical operation of both the trapdoor and loft ladder is controlled by push-button wall switch.
- Supplied with a 24 Volt motor, low noise operation and comes complete with an emergency battery backup.
- Suits floor to ceiling heights up to 4.6m (heights above 2.79m are classed as made to measure).
- Available in a range of standard opening sizes - see Technical Data section.
- Loft Ladder stores completely within the hatch space.
- Comes supplied with 1 x Telescopic Handral as standard.
- Includes a pair of Non Slip ladder feet (durable plastic) for extra security.
- Insulated Trapdoor 62mm thick (U-Value U = 0.58 W/m²k), white faced on underside.
- The draught proofed timber hatchbox supplied is constructed from 19mm plywood and measures 240mm deep.
- Supplied with white architraves to enhance the finish.
- Fitted with an automatic stopping feature which enables the unit to avoid obstacles in it's path once in operation.
- Emergency opening and manual operation are also possible in event of a power failure.
- Optional 2nd side Telescopic Handrail available for the unit.
- Optional Remote Control operation available - see Extra Options section.
- Optional Metal Loft Exit Grab Rails measure 900mm high & 600mm wide (available in black or white) - see Product Images.
- Tested to EN 14975 (European Ladder Standard) with a 200kg per tread resilience.
- Manual version of this loft ladder also available (see Related Products).
- Made to Measure sizes are available - see Extra Options section for details.
- Fire Rated Options (30, 60 or 90 minute) are available - see Extra Options section for details.
|Columbus Electric - Standard Sizes|
|Ceiling Height||No. of Treads||Structural Opening Size||Tread Width||Tread Depth|
|Up to 2790mm||10||1200mm||x||700mm||300mm||140mm|
|# Standard Sizes Units can be purchased from our website|
|Columbus Electric - Made to Measure Sizes|
|Floor to Ceiling Height:||From 2200mm to 4600mm *|
|Opening Length Sizes:||From 1100mm to 1600mm|
|Opening Width Sizes:||From 625mm to 1200mm|
|Hatchbox Frame Depth Sizes:||From 240mm to 1170mm **|
|Ladder Tread Width Sizes:||250mm / 300mm / 350mm / 380mm / 430mm / 480mm & 580mm
(dependent on opening width dimension)
|Ladder Tread Depth Sizes:||140mm deep for Tread Width Sizes: 250mm to 380mm
160mm deep for Tread Width Sizes: 430mm to 580mm
|# Prices for Made to Measure Units can be obtained by contacting the Sales Office on 01243 785 246|
* Larger ceiling heights will require a more generous opening size.
** Additional treads will need to be added within the hatchbox once the depth has exceeded 400mm.
This product is not on a 1-3 working days schedule.
It comes directly from our supplier as we do not hold stock.
The delivery timescale is referenced at the top of the product page and will be confirmed to you at the time of order.
Please read our full terms and conditions regarding the delivery procedure.
The delivery will be made by a transport carrier organised by the manufacturer, so it is important that you provide a contact telephone number.
As the transport carrier will contact you 24 hours prior to the delivery being scheduled.
Deliveries are usually made between 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday (excludes Bank Holidays).
Orders can be placed on our website for delivery destinations within the UK Mainland (England, Wales and Scotland).
For delivery destinations situated in the Highlands & Islands, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, please contact our Sales Office by email - email@example.com to obtain a transport costing for the product.
For European or most Worldwide delivery destinations please email our Sales Office - firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry detailing the product you are interested in, together with your full delivery address and contact information.
We can then return a Quotation for the product and delivery costs once this has been sourced from the transport company.