Stira Heavy Duty Timber Folding Loft Ladder
Any Order for a Stira Heavy Duty Loft Ladder
will include a Deluxe Grab Rail for free.
Deluxe Grab Rail - Normal Retail Price: £45.00 (Inc VAT)
The Stira Heavy Duty Loft Ladder has been designed for loft spaces that will be used on a regular basis. Its robust construction features deep ladder steps and timber handrails to provide a more comfortable and safe climb for the user.
- Supplied as a complete unit with a heavy duty loft ladder, timber casing frame and trapdoor.
- Suitable for a range of Casing Frame sizes - see Technical Data section.
- High quality yellow pine ladder folding ino 3 sections (yellow pine timber has minimal knots and is sourced from renewable forests).
- Loft Ladder mounted to a structural Inner frame (not the Trapdoor) for extra strength.
- The ladder comes lacquered to provide a hard wearing finish.
- Extra deep treads measuring 120mm.
- Suppled with 2 x Timber Handrails secured to the ladder
- Includes 1 x Deluxe Grab Rail mounted to your loft floor level to aid access in and out of the loft.
- Suits floor to ceiling heights up to 3.04m.
- Complete with a 9mm plywood trapdoor (insulated) with an aluminium foil covering (U-value: 1.32 W/m²K).
- Trapdoor also fitted with a draught excluder providing an airtight seal 0.39M3/Hr @ 50 Pascal.
- Concealed heavy duty trapdoor piano hinge.
- Effortless counterbalance operation aided by the double springs fitted to the unit.
- Sturdy black steel arms and ladder hinges add to the structural integrity of the unit.
- No storage space needed in the loft as ladder stores folded on the Trapdoor.
- Provided with a timber Operating Pole to lower the trapdoor.
- Optional 2nd side Deluxe Grab Rail available - see Product Images.
- Optional Metal Balustrade Kit available - used to guard the loft floor opening - see Product Images.
- Manufactured and tested according to EN 14975 (European Ladder Standard).
- Max load capacity: 150kgs.
- Product includes a 10 year guarantee - see Downloads section.
- Stira folding attic ladders are certified to ISO 9000:2016.
|Stira Heavy Duty Loft Ladder - Technical Info|
|Ladder Type:||3 Section Folding|
|Handrails:||2 x Timber Handrails|
|Handrail Dimensions:||1010mm (L) x 43mm x 20mm|
|Inner Frame Dimensions:
(secured to Trapdoor)
|2 x Timbers measuring: 70mm x 55mm
2 x Timbers measuring: 70mm x 32mm
|Maximum Ceiling Height:||3048mm|
|No. of Treads:||9-12|
|Casing Size:||See Chart below|
|Opening Size:||See Chart below|
|Ladder Tread Depth:||120mm|
|Ladder Tread Thickness:||20mm|
|Useable Tread Width:||314mm|
|Distance between Treads:||265mm|
|Stira Heavy Duty Loft Ladder - Standard Sizes|
|Ceiling Height||Min. Casing Frame Length **||Casing Frame Width **|
|Up to 2438mm||1175mm||x||610 / 660 / 711 / 762mm|
|2439 - 2590mm||1175mm||x||610 / 660 / 711 / 762mm|
|2591 - 2743mm||1251mm||x||610 / 660 / 711 / 762mm|
|2744 - 2895mm||1302mm||x||610 / 660 / 711 / 762mm|
|2896 - 3048mm||1378mm||x||610 / 660 / 711 / 762mm|
|** As these are Frame sizes of the Unit, it is recommended your structural loft opening size will need to be at least 10mm longer in length and width to provide a fitting tolerance.|
This product is not on a 1-3 working days schedule.
It comes directly from our supplier as we do not hold stock.
The delivery timescale is referenced at the top of the product page and will be confirmed to you at the time of order.
Please read our full terms and conditions regarding the delivery procedure.
The delivery will be made by a transport carrier organised by the manufacturer, so it is important that you provide a contact telephone number.
As the transport carrier will contact you 24 hours prior to the delivery being scheduled.
Deliveries are usually made between 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday (excludes Bank Holidays).
Orders can be placed on our website for delivery destinations within the UK Mainland (England, Wales and Scotland).
For delivery destinations situated in the Highlands & Islands, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, please contact our Sales Office by email - firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a transport costing for the product.
For European or most Worldwide delivery destinations please email our Sales Office - email@example.com with your enquiry detailing the product you are interested in, together with your full delivery address and contact information.
We can then return a Quotation for the product and delivery costs once this has been sourced from the transport company.
Important - please read before purchase
Fixed Ladders, Space Savers, Spirals and Loft Stairs are covered in the building regulations and we recommend you confirm with the Local Building Control Department regarding their suitability for any project prior to specifying.
Therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that any local authority approvals necessary have been obtained. This will vary according to your application and we advise you to always check before going ahead with a purchase.
Many of our products have been widely used in the past in conjunction with Building Control, but the interpretation of the requirements for any particular situation remains solely with your Local Building Control Department.