Loft Centre Fire Rated Loft Hatch
Fully compliant to Building Regulations Document L1 & L2 (2002), the Loft Centre Fire Rated Loft Hatch provides 1 hour of fire protection. The lightly textured white powdered coated finish means the hatch also blends in with most installations.
- The hatch is manufactured from 1.2 & 0.9mm 'Zintec' mild steel (door tray and frame).
- Available in 4 standard sizes - see Technical Data section.
- Unit comes Fire Rated to offer fire protection of a 1 hour duration.
- Pivot hinged to short side of the hatch to allow drop down ladder access.
- Finished in a textured white polyester powder coat (RAL 9010) which can be overpainted to match existing décor.
- Insulated with 100mm of Rockwool insulation providing a Thermal U-Value 0.35W/m³K to comply with Building Regulations.
- The hatch is fitted with a budget lock which is operated using a square drive 'T' key.
- Fitted with an 'invisible keyhole system' (SLIK) which removes the need for unsightly plastic bungs or keyholes which draw attention to the hatch.
- Suitable for both domestic and commercial loft acess.
- Air Sealed and draught stripped to 0.17m²ph.
- Provided with a 25mm Picture Frame flange to cover the rough edges of the aperture.
- Made to measure sizes available on request (availability: 2 week lead time).
|Fire Rated Loft Hatch - Information|
|Description & Frame Size||Fire Protection Rating||Structural Opening Size||Clear Opening Size|
|FR Loft Hatch -
535mm x 635mm **
|1 Hour||540mm x 640mm||515mm x 595mm|
|FR Loft Hatch -
535mm x 695mm **
|1 Hour||540mm x 700mm||515mm x 655mm|
|FR Loft Hatch -
535mm x 745mm **
|1 Hour||540mm x 750mm||515mm x 705mm|
|FR Loft Hatch -
600mm x 900mm
|1 Hour||605mm x 905mm||560mm x 850mm|
** Designed to fit between standard 600mm joist centres.
It is recommended that your loft opening should be lined with 10mm or 12.5mm thick plasterboard. Although where space is at a premium then any suitable insulating material can be used to protect the truss from heat transfer from the metal frame.
Compatable Loft Ladders:
The Fire Rated Loft Hatches (All 4 sizes) are compatible with the following Loft Ladders -
- Youngman Spacemaker 2 section aluminium sliding loft ladder
- Youngman Easiway 3 section aluminium sliding loft ladder
- Abru Werner Hideaway 3 section sliding aluminium loft ladder
- Titan 3 section aluminium sliding loft ladder
Only the 535mm x 745mm & 600mm x 900mm Models are compatible with the following Loft Ladders -
Free UK Mainland Delivery *
Within 1-3 working days, once the product has been despatched. Deliveries are usually made between 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday (excludes Bank Holidays).
Orders placed before 11:00am will be despatched the same day (stock dependent) for delivery the next working day.
When placing your order please provide a contact telephone number as this is a requirment of the specialist carrier we use.
Please read our full terms and conditions regarding the delivery procedure.
* There will be an additional transport charge for making deliveries to the following post codes situated in the Highlands & Islands, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland -
|Post Code List|
|IV1, IV2, IV3, IV4, IV6, IV7, IV8, IV9, IV10, IV11, IV12, IV13, IV14, IV15, IV16, IV17, IV18, IV19, IV20, IV21, IV22, IV23, IV24, IV25, IV26, IV27, IV28, IV36, IV40, IV41, IV42, IV43, IV44, IV45, IV46, IV47, IV48, IV49, IV51, IV52, IV53, IV54, IV55, IV56, IV63|
|ZE1, ZE2, ZE3|
|TR21, TR22, TR23, TR24, TR25|
|PH19, PH20, PH21, PH22, PH23, PH24, PH25, PH26, PH30, PH31, PH32, PH33, PH34, PH35, PH36, PH37, PH38, PH39, PH40, PH41, PH42, PH43, PH44, PH49, PH50|
|PA20, PA36, PA38, PA39, PA40, PA41, PA42, PA43, PA44, PA45, PA46, PA47, PA48, PA49, PA50, PA60, PA61, PA62, PA63, PA64, PA65, PA66, PA67, PA68, PA69, PA70, PA71, PA72, PA73, PA74, PA75, PA76, PA77, PA78|
|KW1, KW2, KW3, KW5, KW6, KW7, KW8, KW9, KW10, KW11, KW12, KW13, KW14|
|HS1, HS2, HS3, HS4, HS5, HS6, HS7, HS8, HS9|
|PO30, PO31, PO32, PO33, PO34, PO35, PO36, PO37, PO38, PO39, PO40, PO41|
|GY, JY, IM, BT|
You will not be able to place an order online if you require delivery to a post code (featured above).
Instead you will need to contact our Sales office on 01243 785 246 for the additional transport charge associated with delivering the product to your address.
A member of our Sales team will be able to take your order over the telephone and payment can be made via Debit or Credit card.
Once a product has been despatched the standard delivery timescale for Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands will be 3-5 working days.
For European or most Worldwide delivery destinations please email our Sales Office - email@example.com with your enquiry detailing the product you are interested in, together with your full delivery address and contact information.
We can then return a Quotation for the product and delivery costs once this has been sourced from the transport company.
Important - please read before purchase
Fixed Ladders, Space Savers, Spirals and Loft Stairs are covered in the building regulations and we recommend you confirm with the Local Building Control Department regarding their suitability for any project prior to specifying.
Therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that any local authority approvals necessary have been obtained. This will vary according to your application and we advise you to always check before going ahead with a purchase.
Many of our products have been widely used in the past in conjunction with Building Control, but the interpretation of the requirements for any particular situation remains solely with your Local Building Control Department.