Columbus Flat Roof Wooden Folding Access Ladder
The Columbus Flat Roof Wooden Folding Access Ladder is a fully weather proofed roof access system, complete with 3-part wooden folding ladder, timber hatchbox and trapdoor. Excellent German design from Columbus, means that difficult access to your flat roof area is a thing of the past.
- Waterproof upper cover clad with galvanised steel sheet.
- The upper cover comes Insulated (40mm thick) and complete with an espagnolette bolt for locking. It is also fitted with a double rubber lip seal for secure closing.
- Insulation of upper cover (U-Value Uo = 0.68 W/m²k).
- Further grades of Insulation available for the upper cover - see Extra Options section.
- The 3-part folding wooden loft ladder stores completely within the hatch box.
- Suits floor to ceiling heights up to 3.15m.
- Available in a range of standard opening sizes & made to measure sizes - see Technical Data section.
- Comes supplied with 1 x Metal Handral as standard.
- The trapdoor supplied is insulated (52mm sandwich construction) and is fitted with a sprung loaded catch (ring pull operated) for lowering and closing the door.
- Insulation of trapdoor (U-Value Uo = 0.80 W/m²k).
- The draught proofed timber hatchbox supplied is constructed from 19mm plywood (water repellent & fungicidal treated) and measures 630mm deep.
- Supplied with wooden architraves to enhance the finish.
- Unit complete with protective ladder feet, operating pole & full Installation Instructions.
- Tested to EN 14975 (European Ladder Standard) with a 150kg per tread resilience.
- Air permeability Class 4 tested (by IFT Rosenheim in accordance with EN 12207 / 12114).
- A range of addtional extras for the product available - see Extra Options section for details.
|Columbus Flat Roof (Wooden Ladder) - Standard Sizes|
|Ceiling Height||Structural Opening Size||Hatchbox
|Tread Width||Tread Depth|
|Up to 2790mm||1200mm||x||600mm||630mm||330mm||80mm|
|Up to 3090mm||1400mm||x||700mm||630mm||330mm||80mm|
|# The prices for the above standard size units are located in the Extra Options section.|
|Columbus Flat Roof (Wooden Ladder) - Made to Measure Sizes|
|Floor to Ceiling Height:||From 2200mm to 3150mm *|
|Opening Length Sizes:||From 1105mm to 1600mm|
|Opening Width Sizes:||From 530mm to 1000mm|
|Hatchbox Frame Depth Sizes:||From 630mm to 1450mm|
|Ladder Tread Width Sizes:||330mm|
|Ladder Tread Depth Sizes:||80mm|
|# Prices for Made to Measure Units can be obtained by contacting the Sales Office on 01243 785 246|
* Larger ceiling heights will require a more generous opening size.
This product is not on a 1-3 working days schedule.
It comes directly from our supplier as we do not hold stock.
The delivery timescale is referenced at the top of the product page and will be confirmed to you at the time of order.
Please read our full terms and conditions regarding the delivery procedure.
The delivery will be made by a transport carrier organised by the manufacturer, so it is important that you provide a contact telephone number.
As the transport carrier will contact you 24 hours prior to the delivery being scheduled.
Deliveries are usually made between 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday (excludes Bank Holidays).
Orders can be placed on our website for delivery destinations within the UK Mainland (England, Wales and Scotland).
For delivery destinations situated in the Highlands & Islands, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, please contact our Sales Office by email - email@example.com to obtain a transport costing for the product.
For European or most Worldwide delivery destinations please email our Sales Office - firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry detailing the product you are interested in, together with your full delivery address and contact information.
We can then return a Quotation for the product and delivery costs once this has been sourced from the transport company.
Important - please read before purchase
Fixed Ladders, Space Savers, Spirals and Loft Stairs are covered in the building regulations and we recommend you confirm with the Local Building Control Department regarding their suitability for any project prior to specifying.
Therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that any local authority approvals necessary have been obtained. This will vary according to your application and we advise you to always check before going ahead with a purchase.
Many of our products have been widely used in the past in conjunction with Building Control, but the interpretation of the requirements for any particular situation remains solely with your Local Building Control Department.